The purpose our organization is to assist service seekers to improve the quality of their documentation/written submissions so that the intended message is properly encoded with precision and needle-point accuracy, to avoid ambiguity, errors of omission and commission etc. in order to make the reader fully comprehend the information disseminated.
Chartered Management Accountant, ACMA, CGMA, MBA
Experienced in writing articles for annual reports, procedure manuals, recommendation letters, proof reading and promotional articles for the corporate sectors.
SMARTWORKUNLIMITED is the brainchild of Sharanga Senanayake, a Chartered Management Accountant by profession, who retired prematurely from the corporate sector, on a generous exit package, due to downsizing of their operations. We are an on line documentation (writing) company, based in Colombo 6. Our faculty includes 17 freelancers who possess an in depth knowledge and proven expertise in a diversity of disciplines. They work from their own homes and communicate via electronic mail. The company was inaugurated on 1st August 2019.
Ever since, a teenager, I have been having a flair and a passion for writing. I have won a few prizes and my entries to some competitions have been commended by the panel of judges. Throughout my career in the corporate sector, I have been involved in writing articles for annual reports, to raise donations for charities, creating and reviewing company policies, designing procedure manuals, business promotional articles and proofreading of documents.
Faculty & Service Providers
Ms. Ranmini Abeyweera Gunewardena
- Pending results – MA in Education (English medium)–Open University of Sri Lanka, Nawala (passed written examination in August 2016; completed the thesis)
- Pending results – MA in English Studies – University of Colombo (passed the written component in February 2019- thesis to be completed)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education-(TESL-Teaching of English as a Second Language) Merit pass- University of Colombo, Sri Lanka–(2004)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree –University of Kelaniya – Sri Lanka (2002)
- Subjects offered: 1. English language & literature
- French language & literature
- Translation Methods
- Diplộme de Langue Française- Alliance Française de Paris (2004)
- Subjects offered: 1. English language & literature
- ENGLISH TRAINED TEACHER – (PRINSETT-Professional in Service Teacher Training – Colombo, Sri Lanka 1994-( 2 year course -8 subjects with teaching practice)
- Selected on merit by the British Council, Colombo, successfully passed
- CEELT- Cambridge Examination in English for Language Teachers-
- With 2 A’s -1994.
- After following a one year course conducted by the NIE- National Institute of Education, Maharagama, Sri Lanka, including Teaching Practice was awarded – CERTIFICATE IN FRENCH LANGUAGE TEACHING- (merit pass)- 1996
- Successfully completed an in-service teacher training course in ESP- Methodology for Business Communication conducted by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka, in 1997.
- Visiting Lecturer- English- Department of English Language Teaching (DELT)-University of Sri Jayawardenapura – February 2018 to dateWas awarded Diploma in Psychology after successfully completing examination and dissertation, conducted by London Business School (2007).
Carlton N. Samarajeewa
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Ceylon.
- Bachelor of Education, University of Queensland.
- Diploma in Education, University of London.
- Certificate in the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language, University of Sydney.
- Secondary English Trained Teacher, First Class, Government Training College, Maharagama- Colombo.
- In addition to decades of experience as an educationist, (successively as secondary teacher, teachers’ college lecturer, circuit education officer (English), junior university lecturer (English) and deputy director of education (English)), I also functioned as :
- Correspondent and features writer for the Times of Ceylon.
- Sri Lanka correspondent for the Asian Student, USA.
- Sri Lanka correspondent to the Eastern Express Hong Kong.
- Associate Editor, Sri Lanka Journal of Management, Postgraduate Institute of Management, Colombo.
- Editor, Dana, the English language journal of the Sarvodaya Movement, Sri Lanka.
- Contributor to Hemisphere, Australia.
- Founder Editor, Management Focus (PIM).
- Regular writer to Lanka Monthly Digest (LMD)
Ms. Anu Weerasuriya
LLB ( University of Colombo).
- Presently working at Studio Times Ltd and handling freelance works as well. Current freelance projects include the editing, proof reading and production coordination of a book for Michael Roberts & research and coordination work for the Lionel Wendt Digital Archive.
- As Director. Studio Times Ltd. In addition to administrative duties. I work as a photographer traveling around and photographing the country for Studio Times and documenting its heritage not only in photographs but also maintaining field notes which are a source for my writing and a reference for the future. I have also worked on the productions of Studio Times exhibitions and publications
Dr. Manil De Mel
CIM(UK), Post graduate diploma in Business Admin, MBA, MPhil, PhD .
- Head of sales and marketing (Hemas Healthcare)
- General Manager (J L Morison son & Jones)
- Director (Delmege General Equipment)
- Senior Marketing Manager (Seychelles Marketing Board, Republic of Seychelles)
- General Manager Harcourt’s PLC
- Director (G N C Medicals PLC)
- Business Process and technology consultant (Accenture technology USA)
Ms. Sujeeva De Alwis
Bachelor of Arts Degree, University of Peradeniya
- Currently reading for Master of Arts (in Teaching English Literature in a Second Language Context) – Postgraduate Institute of English – The Open University of Sri Lanka.
- Subjects offered – English Language & Literature
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA)
- University of Cambridge qualification – 31st August 2012.
- Certificate Course in English Language Teaching at the Bandaranaike International Diplomatic Training Institute .
Norbert Bonaventure Don Vincent
- Diploma, with Distinction, in Teacher Education in English, conducted by the Lasallian English Academy,
- Colombo 15, with project work in “English for Personal Secretaries”.
1982 – 2012: Teacher (English as a second language, Physical Education), Ministry of Education, Sri Lanka. Taught Secondary and Advanced level students at various Government schools around the country
Ms. Asha K De Mel
BBA (University of Kelaniya) Human Resources – special degree. Diploma in Psychology.
Ms. Praveeni Jayasekera
BSc. Econ and Management, ACMA, CGMA, Dip. Social Sciences, PG Dip. IT.
Diane Rehana Miskin
- G.C.E. O/L qualifications
- English language – A
- English literature – A
Experienced professional freelance writer.